The Megger MIT420/2 insulation tester is a versatile instrument that offers testing from 50 to 1000V and 200GΩ along with an onboard memory that can store over 1000 test measurements. Though the MIT420/2 is designed primarily for industrial applications, it offers a wide range of functions that allow it to excel in an exceptionally wide range of applications including electrical installations, cable testing, motor testing, automotive, ESD, panel building, avionics, maintenance, and others.
In addition to insulation testing, the Megger MIT420/2 also offers True RMS voltage measurement to 600V AC or DC as well as single range continuity testing from 0.01Ω to 1MΩ, frequency measurement from 15 to 450Hz and capacitance measurement from 1nF to 10μF . All measurements are accurate up to ±2%. The large main digital readout provides good visibility of all main measurement results while a second digital display provides additional data such as test mode, test voltage, supply frequency or others. The included analog arc display shows essential charge and discharge characteristics not visible on a digital display and displays as a single pointer "needle" with response similar to a moving coil meter. The MIT420/2 also includes Polarization Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) functions.
The Megger MIT420/2 insulation tester is sealed to IP54, providing a weatherproof case to reduce the chances of water ingress, including the battery and fuse compartment. Rubber over-molding combines the tough shock absorbing outer protection with excellent grip providing an almost indestructible case. The MIT420/2 offers CAT IV 600V / CAT III 1000V safety protection.
Typical applications for MIT420/2 include commercial avionics, military land, marine & air communications, manufacturing/production line goods, Electrostatic measurement, component testing, and battery-powered traction and lifting equipment.
- Designed for Electrical and Industrial testing
- Insulation testing from 50 to 1000V and 200GΩ
- 2% test voltage accuracy
- Stabilized insulation test voltage
- Polarization Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) functions
- True RMS voltage measurement to 600V AC or DC with resolution from 0.1mV
- Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01Ω to 1MΩ
- Frequency measurement from 15 to 450Hz
- Capacitance measurement from 1nF to 10μF
- Automatically test to a time limit
- Stores over 1000 test results with onboard storage
- CAT IV 600V / CAT III 1000V
- IP54 rated providing a weatherproof case to reduce the chances of water ingress
- Live circuit detection and protection
- Auto reverse polarity
- PASS/FAIL indication on limit alarms