- ABS plastic case with shock absorbing boot
- Key pad w/10 dome contact style buttons and 4 soft keys
- 128 x 128 pixel graphic display
- (6) alkaline or NiMH batteries
- Standard banana jacks
- Data transfer via DB-9 for RS-232C
- Certifications: CE Approval, Intrinsically Safe, Class I, Div I areas per CSA 22.2 & UL 913 by MET Laboratories (optional)
- NIST traceable accuracy: Current/Voltage: ±0.025% of FS ±0.001% of span per °F
- Modules - positive lock with spring latch
The Meriam MFT 4000 series modular calibrator is an all-in-one-tool that takes the place of multiple handheld instruments, which simplifies the workload and improves productivity. The Meriam MFT 4000 series supports pressure, t/c, RTD, I/P, P/I, switch, loop and mA/V calibrations for conventional or HART transmitter or local indicators.
A variety of positive-lock measurement modules is available for use with the MFT 4000 series calibrator including, differential gauge, vacuum and absolute pressure as well as temperature and voltage/current. A voltage and current meter is integral to the base unit. All HART field devices can be configured, polled and trimmed using HART communications. Device specific commands for supported devices are included with the MFT series.
The Meriam MFT 4000 series modular calibrator have many features for user convenience. Sensor modules and integral V/I can be recalibrated for zero, span and linearity. The meter features a 2.1" x 2.1" display, four soft keys (definitions change with mode requirements) and eight hard keys provide the user interface. The display is configurable for 1 to 4 simultaneous measurements. Other features include auto shut off, damping, min/max value capture, display hold, sensor zero and direct contrast adjustment.
The Meriam MFT 4010 modular calibrator with HART communicator
The MFT 4010 is a break-through combination calibrator/HART communicator that truly reduces the time spent on field calibrations. The MFT 4010 delivers the versatility of a calibrator and the convenience of HART communications in one handheld unit. Users can view up to four measurements simultaneously on the high resolution LCD or compare HART PV and AO values to corresponding values measured by the NIST traceable MFT.
An optional Intrinsic Safety certification by MET laboratories per CSA C22.2 1010.1-92, C22.2 No. 157, and UL913, Fifthe Edition Rev. 2/21/97 for Class I, Div I, Groups A, B, C and D is available.
The Meriam MFT 4000 series modular calibrator ship complete with:
- (2) blank inserts for open sensor bays
- AC power adapter, 100 - 240 V AC for US plug, international plug kit
- Test lead kit
- RS-233 serial communications cable
- Protective rubber boot
- DPC manager utility (updates firmware and HART drives)
- HART lead kit w/250 ohm shunt adapter for HART communication
- MFT 4000 Calibrator
The MFT 4000 is a base unit for calibration work with selected NIST traceable sensor modules & integral voltage/current meter. Documenting included.
- MFT 4005 Calibrator with HART Trims
The MFT 4005 with HART Trims is the MFT 4000 with HART support limited to analog and digital trims for calibration support. Documenting included.
- MFT 4010 Calibrator with HART Communicator
The The MFT4010 includes Base unit for modules and full Device Specific HART communications. Quick Cal displays HART PV and AO along with MFT's NIST traceable measurements. User can identify needed trim(s) and access the trim function(s)from same display. Smart Trim allows selection of analog or digital trims without navigating through menu trees. Documenting included.
Documenting memory stores up to 200 HART configuration files and over 100 calibration results (as-found & as-left data[up to 21 points each], time/date infor, tag). Communication to a PC is possible via a DB-9 connector.